Friday, November 8, 2013

The LIST TV highlights current exhibit by TIKI TOM at ActivistArtistA Gallery



TRASH INTO TREASURE:  Artist Tom Bazinet, known as "Tiki Tom", turns litter lining the beach into work lining a gallery. He started combing the sand when he was 13, and now uses deserted hubcaps, lobster buoys, even parts of old docks and boats as his canvas.
"I also cut trees for a living, and I use all the material from the trees I cut in my art," said Tom Bazinet. "Maybe if people see what I'm doing, it'll encourage other people to create art from things they find and clean the beaches here."
His one-man show starts tomorrow night at 7 p.m. at ActivistArtistA Gallery and Studio at 422 W. Industrial Ave. in Boynton Beach. You can check it out there until December 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment