Wednesday, March 13, 2013

JaFleu at ActivistArtistA Gallery

Detail of Painting by JaFleu
Jason JaFleu Fleurant
Curator: Rolando Chang Barrero
March 28-April 19, 2013
at
The Boynton Beach Art District
422 West Industrial Ave.
Boynton Beach, Florida 33426
786-521-1199

Biography:

Jason JaFleu Fleurant, born on September 10, 1984.

"My name is Jason Fleurant from West Palm Beach, Florida. However the artist, JaFleu is who I am. Born January 12, 2010 after witnessing the devastation in my homeland of Haiti after the earthquakes something was triggered in me. Inspired and hurt by the images flooding the TV screen, feeling powerless to help I did something I hadn't done since freshman year of high school. I started drawing.

It started off as me just sketching the daily images I saw on copy paper while at work. Then it moved to me getting art pencils, to cheap water color, to cheap paint. After being told by my friend Yanatha to try my hand at putting the work on Canvas, I never looked back. Art began to take a life of it's own, and began to be my therapy. Every brush stroke revealing and relieving any and every emotion I had locked up for years. I became my art and my art became me." 



For More information visit ActivistArtistA.com

No comments:

Post a Comment