Friday, March 15, 2013

Robyn Vegas at ActivistArtistA Gallery



March 28-April 19, 2013

at

The Boynton Beach Art District
422 West Industrial Ave.
Boynton Beach, Florida 33426
786-521-1199

Biography:


I was born in Louisiana, about an hour south of New Orleans.  Being raised in a close-knit Cajun family, I grew up surrounded by a large extended family filled with artists.  I have been drawing and painting all my life and was also involved in drama, ballet and dance. My first memorable influence was my grandfather who showed me how to proportion the human body when I was seven.

I graduated from Nicholls State University with a degree in Art Education and was an art teacher for seven years.  Now I am the Cultural Arts Coordinator for the City of Pembroke Pines, a job that allows me to promote all aspects of the arts into my community.  

My drawings and paintings are a reflection of the exquisite beauty of life. Creating art allows me to escape to another world filled with serenity and calmness.  If you look at my work and see splendor, feel peace or are transformed into another place, then I have achieved my goal. 

Artists Speaking Out on social and culture issues; past and present! 




Group Exhibition of works by:

Sarah Younger
Miriam Blazova
Robyn Vegas



For More information visit ActivistArtistA.com

No comments:

Post a Comment