Call for Nominations
THE MUSE AWARDS
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County's Muse Awards honor individual and organizational excellence in art and culture throughout the county. This year, the Cultural Council is excited to announce the theme of Muse is Fusion: a blend of two divergent ideas to make something beautiful. The Muse Awards will be held on Thursday, March 13, 2014 at the Kravis Center.
THE NOMINATION & SELECTION PROCESS
Muse Award recipients will be chosen through a competitive nomination process. Each nomination will be reviewed and scored by judges who are artists, community leaders, past recipients and Cultural Council board members. The Cultural Council will announce the award recipients prior to the event.
- Excellence in Historical and Cultural Heritage – The organization nominated in this category has produced a program that demonstrates appreciation for a significant historical theme or preserves and carries on the cultural traditions of a diverse population.
- Excellence in Arts and Cultural Outreach – The organization nominated in this category has made a significant impact providing outreach of arts and cultural programming to underserved populations that traditionally did not have access to arts and culture.
- Excellence in Arts Integrated Education – This category celebrates a local arts and cultural organization, principal or teacher who provides quality arts integrated curriculum using visual or performing arts through traditional classroom setting or in aftercare programs.
- Outstanding Festival – This award will be given to an organization presenting a festival that demonstrates cultural excellence, broad appeal, cultural diversity and outreach to the greater community.
- Outstanding Collaboration – This award will be given to a cultural organization engaging in a strategic and significant collaboration. The collaboration must be between at least, but not limited to, one other partner who may be another nonprofit organization, corporation, school, government entity, municipality, etc.
- Clyde Fyfe Award for Performing Artists – The Fyfe Award recognizes a performing artist whose life and work emulates excellence in the field and contributes to the advancement of our quality of life in Palm Beach County by mentoring, teaching, or sharing work methods with others in our community. To be considered for the award, an artist must be nominated by his or her professional peers.
- Council's Choice Award – This non-competitive award of special merit will honor an individual or institution the Council deems worthy of recognition for an effort or accomplishment not honored in another category. The honoree will be chosen at the Council's discretion and may be drawn from the pool of nomination forms submitted or selected by other means.
In addition to the nomination criteria outlined in the award categories, please note:
- Nominees may be entered into more than one category on separate nomination forms.
- 2012 Muse Award recipients are not eligible.
- Organizations must agree to be nominated.
- Nominees must reside and work in Palm Beach County.
- Self nominations are accepted.
- Posthumous nominations are accepted.
- Nomination Form: Complete the form using 12 point type in black ink. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. The Nomination Form is available for download below.
- Letters of Support: Submit a maximum of two (2) letters of support for each nominee. Letters must attest to and demonstrate anecdotally the nominee's commitment to art and culture. Each letter may not be more than one (1) page in length and must have the author's name, contact information and signature.
- Submit five copies of the Nomination Form along with letters of support via US mail or hand deliver to the Cultural Council by Friday, November 15, 2013.
All nominations and supporting materials will be accepted until 5:00 PM on November 15, 2013 via hand delivery or US mail. Once nominations are submitted, they are final and will not be changed and will not be returned.
If you are selected as an award recipient, you will be required to submit all of the following:
- Biographical sketch – 1 page
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Electronic Photos in .jpg or .tif format
- Videos on CD or DVD
Cultural Council of Palm Beach County Muse Awards
c/o Jan Rodusky
601 Lake Avenue
Lake Worth, FL 33460
ALL NOMINATIONS ARE DUE TO THE CULTURAL COUNCIL
BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2013 AT 5:00 PM
BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2013 AT 5:00 PM